The Burlington Oldtimers Slo-Pitch League ("BOSL") maintains this site (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education, and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. However, your access and use of the Site is subject to the terms and conditions contained in this Legal Notice (the "Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you expressly accept and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, without limitation, qualification, or exception, notwithstanding any inconsistent provision in any other agreement to which you are a party.
Terms and Conditions
- All of the content on the Site, including without limitation the data, text, materials, images, logos, audio, video, blogs, Twitter messages, and communications received (all of the foregoing, the "Content") is owned by or licensed to BOSL and is subject to legal protection under federal copyright, trademark, and other laws, except for any third party proprietary information or as otherwise noted. Any unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, communications regulations and statutes, personal property rights, and other federal laws. You may download materials displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on such materials. You may not download, copy, distribute, modify, transmit, display, reuse, report, sell, profit by, or use any of the Content in any manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions.
- While BOSL makes reasonable efforts to include only accurate and up-to-date content on the Site, BOSL makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any of the Content. BOSL assumes no liability or responsibility for any inaccuracies, technical or typographical errors, or omissions in the Content, and you expressly accept and assume all such risks and agree to hold BOSL harmless for any damages, liabilities, and other loss directly or indirectly related to such risks.
- You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Site is entirely at your own risk. In no event shall BOSL or any other party involved in creating, producing, maintaining, or delivering the Site be liable in any manner for any actual, direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, punitive, or any other damages (including without limitation loss of use, data, or profits), nor for any other remedies or liabilities, in any manner arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT THEREON ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND BOSL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THE SITE, BOTH EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. You expressly accept and assume all risks associated with all of the foregoing and agree to hold BOSL harmless for any damages, liabilities, and other loss directly or indirectly related to such risks. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow all of the above exclusions of implied warranties, so certain of the foregoing exclusions may not apply to you (although you agree to be bound by such exclusions to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law). BOSL also assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages or loss due to computer viruses or similar hazards that may infect your computer equipment or other property in connection with your use of the Site or any Content. You expressly accept and assume all such risks and agree to hold BOSL harmless for any damages, liabilities, and other loss directly or indirectly related to such risks.
- Any communication or material you transmit or communicate to the Site by electronic mail, posting or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, criticisms, suggestions, and the like (each transmission or communication, a "Message"), is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Any Message may be used in any manner by BOSL, its affiliates, and/or any third party, for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation reproduction, storage, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, sale, and posting. You expressly waive any and all privacy and ownership rights to any Message, and you expressly release and authorize BOSL to publish or use in any manner your Message and any identifying information provided therewith. You also acknowledge and agree that any message is subject to loss, misdirection, misinterpretation, and accidental deletion, and therefore (regardless of whether a particular Message is actually received) no such Message shall constitute notice to BOSL for any purpose, and BOSL has no obligation, express or implied, to maintain any Message. Furthermore, you authorize BOSL to use in any manner and for any purpose whatsoever any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any Message, including without limitation developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using or relying on such information. You expressly waive and irrevocably assign to BOSL any and all rights and interests you may have to payment, royalty, commission, compensation, or any other benefit of any kind which may otherwise accrue to you as a direct or indirect result of any income, revenue, or other benefit to BOSL in any manner arising out of or related to your Message.
- Except as otherwise noted, all trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered Trademarks of BOSL. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting to any party, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site. As with your use of other Content, your use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. BOSL will aggressively enforce its intellectual property and other rights to the fullest extent of the law, and BOSL will assist law enforcement personnel in the investigation and prosecution of criminal offenses.
- Links on the Site to other sites are provided as a convenience and do not imply endorsement by BOSL of any other site. BOSL is not responsible for the contents of any other site linked to this Site, or for any consequential or other damages, liabilities, or loss suffered by any party as a result of linking between the Site and any other site. You expressly accept and assume all such risks and agree to hold BOSL harmless for any loss directly or indirectly related to such risks.
- BOSL may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound. Please report any technical, typographical, or other errors herein to BOSL. Please direct requests to reproduce protected Site content to BOSL. You agree that the interpretation and enforcement of this Legal Notice and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard for its principles of conflicts of laws. You agree that you do not have any expectation or understanding of your relationship with BOSL or your use of the Site or the Content which is inconsistent with the provisions of the Legal Notice or these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any provision of this Legal Notice or these Terms and Conditions, or the application thereof to any part or circumstance, shall be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of this Legal Notice or these Terms and Conditions, or the application of such provision to circumstances other than those as to which it is determined invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby and shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. You agree that, in the event you violate any of the provisions of the Legal Notice or these Terms and Conditions, BOSL may seek specific performance in addition to any other available legal or equitable relief, and that all remedies and relief provided for herein and at law shall be cumulative.
- All information the BOSL provides on the Site or by any other means is for informational and directional purposes only; it does not address specific circumstances of any particular entity; it is not necessarily complete, accurate or current; it does not constitute professional or legal advice (a company should seek opinions of qualified professionals). Hence, the BOSL disclaims its responsibility for any loss, however arising, from the use of or reliance on this information.
BOSL may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Site at any time, including the availability of any site feature, database, or content. BOSL may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or the entire Site without notice or liability at any time in the BOSL's sole and exclusive discretion, without prejudice to any legal or equitable remedies available to BOSL, for any reason or purpose, including but not limited to, conduct the BOSL believes violates these Terms and Conditions or other policies or guidelines posted on the Site or conduct which BOSL believes is harmful to other customers, to BOSL's business, or to other information providers. Upon any termination of this agreement, you will discontinue your use and access of the Site and destroy all materials obtained from it.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or Follow BOSL on Twitter.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, send BOSL an email indicating you would like to be removed from our communications.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on May 29, 2013
3521 Mainway Drive
Burlington, Ontario L7M 1A9